Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Dialog TV

friends,

i just got a Dialog TV dish which was originally installed at Malabe. i live in Weerawila, between Thissa n Hambanthota.

i tried to install it over here and no results. only thing i got was about 60% of sig strength and no quality signal. i dont have the money that dialog ask for the reinstalling the dish and coz im in the military, and i move very often, i will be paying huge sum of money to these bastards if i pay them to do the work every time i move my residance.

so please help me. when i called Dialog then sugested resetting the reciever to factory settings, but it didnt work. please help me out here guys.

Thanks.

Signal strength 60% means your box and LNB got connected. If you have a compass use it. Turn you dish to 264.3 and elevate your dish to approximately 47.4. Turn the dish up down and left right. You'll get the signal easily.

Comment

Originally posted by gune_ayya View Post
      Signal strength 60% means your box and LNB got connected. If you have a compass use it. Turn you dish to 264.3 and elevate your dish to approximately 47.4. Turn the dish up down and left right. You'll get the signal easily.
      thanx i will try that. im new for this so i have to ask. what do u mean by elevating? does 47.4 deg means rotating the dish 47.4 deg from the horizontal level. and there is another adjustment at the LNB. it has couple of notches from 20-0-20. what should i do for that?

Comment

My friend make sure the main stand is 90 degrees straight. If you have not dismantled the bracket from the dish just fix it back on the stand and move it towards the sunset side and turn it to your left or right. You will get some quality signal. Keep the TV closer to where the dish is so that you can see and adjust. You can't adjust by keeping the TV inside and shouting from the roof "Harida? Harida?. See if any dialog dishes closer to your house and that way you can imagine the direction. Good luck. If you were close by I would definitly help you. Aaronsat.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronsat View Post
          You can't adjust by keeping the TV inside and shouting from the roof "Harida? Harida?..
          lol yeah you cant do that for sat tv :(

Comment

Originally posted by aaronsat View Post
            My friend make sure the main stand is 90 degrees straight. If you have not dismantled the bracket from the dish just fix it back on the stand and move it towards the sunset side and turn it to your left or right. You will get some quality signal. Keep the TV closer to where the dish is so that you can see and adjust. You can't adjust by keeping the TV inside and shouting from the roof "Harida? Harida?. See if any dialog dishes closer to your house and that way you can imagine the direction. Good luck. If you were close by I would definitly help you. Aaronsat.
            Thank you very much for the help machang. the stand was not 90 when i removed it from colombo. good thing that i started by making it straight. i was able to get some sig first but then after 20 min or so lost it again. i think its the trees n stuff. so moved it to the back garden and found an old log to fix the stand :). then was able to get about 69% sig strength. and good Quality too. wanted to call the dialog guy n say hell with u, who asked me 1500 just to that.

thanx to everyone who helped.

BTW-instead of me shouting harida harida, i told my wife to should the Sig strength out loud :)

Comment

Originally posted by charithtg View Post

BTW-instead of me shouting harida harida, i told my wife to should the Sig strength out loud :)
              :) nice one

Comment

yes these dialog people are very cheating people

Comment

Originally posted by charithtg View Post
                  Ha ha ha .................
                  No Satellite Dishes

www.padmathilaka-wanigasekara.blogspot.com

Comment

If she know that you wrote this in the forum you are going to get a bigger shouting. Ha! Ha!! Ha!!!. Anyway best of luck mate.

Comment

Originally posted by podiman View Post

If she know that you wrote this in the forum you are going to get a bigger shouting. Ha! Ha!! Ha!!!. Anyway best of luck mate.
                      LOL yeah she'll go to the back yard n turn the dish n will shout back "try watching Discovery Turbo all day now"

Comment

Friends though I joined you all last year I have been in other forums since 1982. In fact I had my first dish fixed and started with analog and still continue as a hobby. I am 65 years old and have ample experience to help others who needs. One thing I learned was not to advice anyone unless you are asked for. The stand being 90 degrees is a must.Though the bracket would have been crooked the place where the dish is connected has to be 90 degrees. Specially for novices its easy to tune. In theory if you are 1cm wrong at the dish you will be almost 400 miles away by the time it reaches the satellite.That will tell you how precise it is.Dialog people have experience by fixing so many daily. Once you are veteran you too will not worry about the 90 degrees. So you learn the basics correct. Since Di

Comment

hi aronsat do u have any mpeg-4 receivers?and i need a advice,can we catch c band signals in ku band dish using c band lnb to ku band dish?i had seen in qatar,is it possible to catch in srilanka?

Comment

Hi DR4, yes you can tune.Better you use a 120cm dish.One thing you must remember is No signals are beamed to SriLanka.All we receive is the spill over signals that are beamed to India. There are global beams which we can receive too. That is the reason you can't receive certain channels. If you tune a regional beam you might not get. Then there is spot beam also which is limited to one area. Now to your query You need to get or make a bracket to fix the C band LNB. But you will get only one or two transponders only. I have triedthis on a 90cm dish. It worked. Regarding MPEG4 receiver I helped a person to tune it and he said its available in the local market.When I posted the information many were interested.It seems this guy does not want to reveal the place.But the sooner i get I will let you all no. I have a MPEG 4 receiver for my experiments.

Comment

hi aronsat

thank you very much for idea,currently iam having a 65 cm offset dish,any way i will try,and i have that lnb bracket ( C to ku band conversation bracket,it will come with a scalar ring )but yet i didnt try it,and i just want thank you again,for your idea,i can remember when i was small,a guy asked 12000.00 for installing the c -band,then we try at Arthur c clerk university,they didnt allow to go inside even,the gate security asked 10000.00,then my self i learned using a compass and a angle finder,now my pending work is to get an mpeg 4 receiver,thanks thanks pls let me know where can we get the rec in colombo,

Comment

Working...
                              X