Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dialog Switching from IS12 to Chainasat12

Dear all...
    Hope you are now aware on this.. there is a rumor going on that Dialog has planned to switch from IntelSAT 12 (@45E) to ChainSAT 12 (@87.5E)...
    can anyone confirm....

Ok fine!, for whatever the reason (Cost, Gov pressure.. or whatever...) Dialog has the right to move between sats as they wish but provided that DTV users are not affected. In to my knowledge there is NO KU beam of this bird (i.e. Chiansat 12) over Sri Lanka but its global C band beam only. So how can Dialog switching can happen (unless move from KU to C band)

Pls keep updating forum members on this regard.. i hope there are guys who can source DTV inside information on this respect..

Pls update

in any case.. this switching is going to take place.. then we will have to change our dish direction from west sky to east sky... Luckily i'll be able to direct my dish on to 87.5E but i feel sorry for those can't do that due to blocking of their eastern sky with buildings or any other thing..

so those will have to say goodbye to dialog

Comment

If it is true, i think this will be good. because this sat position is much favorable to Sri lanka as it is more up in the arc.

Comment

Ok fine.. but my question is how can this bird cover SL... there is no KU beam over SL...

Comment

Yes, my question is if there is any pressure how they can change the sat. from IS 12, 45 degrees E to Chinasat at 87.5 degrees E if there is no KU Band coverage from Chinasat to this part of globe.
          Last edited by Bandula Gunasekera; 01-16-2014, 07:55 PM.

Comment

At the moment no ku coverage over SL according to Sat beams. C band only. If so replacing existing dish with c band dish? Unthinkable! Imagine what will be the cost and who is going to pay?

Comment

Yes.. but some argue that tp cost will be less in this because of local sat (which i'm doubt though).. SupremeSAT is just name shake thing and nowhere there is a satellite called SupremeSAT in the international context....

Yes.. somebody may be forcing DTV to switching to this sat....

No wonder this is yet another MIRACLE of ASIA right....

Comment

This is true news, dialog people also prefer to switch on. China Sat 12 has Steerable beam which can move to Sri Lanka and it will not cover even India. Due to that dialog will prefer for this.
                No Satellite Dishes

www.padmathilaka-wanigasekara.blogspot.com

Comment

That will not be the only reason after all those years. Me be trance ponder revenue changing one hand to another?

Comment

Hi Padme.. the steerable beam that CS12 has as follows...
                    zhongxing124.JPG
                    my question that this whole beam meant to be one antenna right... if in case CS12 to change this antenna towards SL.. then utilization of other coverage is useless... (i suppose...)
                    imagine changing the above just by rotate antenna or anything... so that beam over Europe shifted to SL then the coverage over Australia or South Africa might be shift to covering some no land area..

hope you got my point....

BTW.. what is meant by KUR...the steerable beam is not KU but KUR..

Comment

I also have some doubt but according to the one person who works for them only expose this info. sometimes they may have additional steerable beam or they might be able to move beam without damaging to others
                      No Satellite Dishes

Comment

Guys.. any update

Comment

I got a news saying that Dialog has already started uplink/downlink to ChinasaSAT12 (not in commercial, may be testing purposes)

Can anyone confirm ...(just scan for CS12 and update..)

Anyway Dialog agreement with IS12 expires on this March..so they (DTV) should do something by now...

What i was told that soon Dialog will start CS12 transmission and there will be parallel run (both IS12 and CS12 sats) until all subscribers gets switched CS12 (i.e obvious!!! hah)

Comment

one guy who visited to change old box to new box also confirmed that
                            No Satellite Dishes

Comment

ok tks for the reply.. can anyone confirm by scanning Chinasat12

Comment

Working...
                              X