Best stb for weak signal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best stb for weak signal

Hi,guys I would like to get some ideas from all to find out which is the best receiver to receive weak signals from out of foot print satellites.Here I am searching the most sensitive tuner for weak signals.I have 5 receivers including one hd receiver,all of them are acting differently for weak signals.experts please comment on your experience regarding this ,thanks in advance.

dear sarath

first of all dont misundustand me as an expert, but i think best receiver for weak signal is openbox, it is hard to locate a satelite with this receiver but it scan weak signals specialy with low symbal rates when it perfectly alligned to satelite, so if we can use this receiver with a good quality lnbf i think we can get more signal strength with it.
    we must take in to considaration that receivers show signal strength with diffrence from each other. think , if we input a same signal in to two diffrent receivers they show totally diffrent signal strength depending thair immage or software.

sagara
    YOU ONLY SEE WHAT YOUR EYES WANT TO SEE...........................
    http://satland.wetpaint.com/

Comment

Once i manage to get Thaicom-Truevision with Openbox s9 with 100cm dish. I tried with same set up with different fta receiver, but couldn't get this. I tthink the tuner has good selectivity. But for Palapas Skynindo pakage, Euorogold HD receiver gave me better signal. But it has some issues. I think the remot controller emits wrong commands sometimes.

Comment

Dear Sagara, to lock low level signals Receivers input threshold should be low. Its measures in dB. May be the first receiver you connected is with low input threshold than the later one.During analog signal days we made outboard threshold reduction circuits for DXing purpose and there were low threshold receivers available. Now we should see digi. receivers input threshold for better DXing.

Comment

Yes Mr. Bandula is correct. With analog receivers we had threshold filters. By using them we could sharpen the pictures. In last stage of analog, almost all receivers made were low threshold receivers. But i cant understand how this applied to digital signal, as it has different way of reproducing in receiver.

Comment

For me I don,t have any experience with analog receivers or with openbox,so far I have used few brands like echolink,eurostar,technosat and some Chinese receivers,and among those echolink korean receiver was very good and next technosat have some sharp tuners.What we want to find out here is the best receiver to lock weakest signals.To find out we have to do more experiments.I hope we will be able to find out the best stb,by the end of this discussion which will benefit all members.Thanks all.

Comment

Even i also cant understand how it behaves in digital signal, dear SPLC.

Comment

I think there is no need a thresold control for digital reception. as we know there were somekind of thresold controlers with analog receiver to control the gain of the analog signal. when you increase thresold you increase the gain of the signal but it also increase the gain of the un wanted noise within that frequency range.
                if we apply this thresold to digital signal it will also distroy the digital signal in grate deal so there will be distrotion in original signal by mixing with noise which cause demodulation problems.

sagara
                YOU ONLY SEE WHAT YOUR EYES WANT TO SEE...........................
                http://satland.wetpaint.com/

Comment

The most likely cause of poor digital satellite reception is a problem with the dish antenna or its low-noise block (LNB). If the signal strength meter shows an adequate signal level but reception is poor, the receiver may have lost sensitivity due to a tuner fault or a damaged input socket.
                  So when it comes to digital we have to count on sensitivity. Higher the receiver's sensitivity better the locking rate.

Comment

I think Ruwan and Sagara are quiet correct. But some receivers have more sensitive tuners than others. I had few Korean brands earlier. A Trueman receiver gave me better signal always but it developed a problem and no longer works.

Comment

I have got tokyosat TS-X500 PVR receiver. But i dont know about this stb much..i didnt try yet. If any knows about this boy please post some threads here
                      Originally posted by sarathvijaya View Post
                      For me I don,t have any experience with analog receivers or with openbox,so far I have used few brands like echolink,eurostar,technosat and some Chinese receivers,and among those echolink korean receiver was very good and next technosat have some sharp tuners.What we want to find out here is the best receiver to lock weakest signals.To find out we have to do more experiments.I hope we will be able to find out the best stb,by the end of this discussion which will benefit all members.Thanks all.

Comment

how much price your receiver ?

Comment

Originally posted by sarathvijaya View Post
                          Hi,guys I would like to get some ideas from all to find out which is the best receiver to receive weak signals from out of foot print satellites.Here I am searching the most sensitive tuner for weak signals.I have 5 receivers including one hd receiver,all of them are acting differently for weak signals.experts please comment on your experience regarding this ,thanks in advance.
                          Dear, I have tokyosat TS-X500 PVR receiver. Have you tried this ? If you have any info about this receiver please reply or email me. Thanks a lot

Comment

If any one get weak signal, I suggest to bye STARSAT receiver. This receiver show quality level the best to view videos. I have starsat and tokyosat receiver. Yamal-202 signals very strong in STARSAT. But Tokyosat need more than 50% signal quality to view channels. 27% signals is enough for STARSAT. If need further help message me

Comment

Working...
                            X