Eutelsat 9A 9 East In Sri Lanka

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eutelsat 9A 9 East In Sri Lanka

Dear friends,we were waiting long time for this news,finally I was able to catch eutelsat 9A 9 east with my new offset dish.So far 3 transponders received.snapshot.jpgsnapshot_007.jpgsnapshot_008.jpgsnapshot_013.jpg

Wow another great one.. Do you have clear view on this angle ? can you pls post the dish pic with this angle ?

Comment

Super duper..great job done bro...keep it up..

Comment

Originally posted by ruwan View Post
        Wow another great one.. Do you have clear view on this angle ? can you pls post the dish pic with this angle ?
        Thanks,I will post more pictures soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ruwan View Post
          Dear Ruwan,this is the hotbird dish setting.One is front view of dish,and other one shows direct view to hotbird,and I get satellites up to 2.9E through angle.CIMG8416.jpgCIMG8415.jpg

Comment

Dear Sarath, Thank you for posting the pics. I'm sure the pics going to be very helpful for other members as well. Its almost like 180 degree angle right ?

Comment

Yep.. it looks almost vertically standing dish, also you do not have a clear sky line in the front right!, however great that you have captured..i'm sure if you somewhere close to western coast then you would have go beyond 9E..right..

weldone..

Comment

Originally posted by satlanka View Post
                Yep.. it looks almost vertically standing dish, also you do not have a clear sky line in the front right!, however great that you have captured..i'm sure if you somewhere close to western coast then you would have go beyond 9E..right..

weldone..
                Even though it looks like vertical it is little bit tilted,of course I don,t have a 100% clear view,lots of trees on both sides and some in front as well.And the dish pick up lot of unnecessary noise from surrounding area.I have a plan to bring the dish another 11ft up,by extending my up stair concrete slab in the future.
                Last edited by sarathvijaya; 01-31-2015, 02:03 PM.

Comment

@ sarathvijaya,

As you have done a good job to make a bigger dish to get Hot Bird and other sats, I would like to ask you a few questions.

1. Are you willing to help and assist the other members to make them?
                  2. What will be the total cost to make a such dish?
                  3. If any member is willing to spend the money are you willing to make it for them?

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by podiman View Post
                    @ sarathvijaya,

As you have done a good job to make a bigger dish to get Hot Bird and other sats, I would like to ask you a few questions.

1. Are you willing to help and assist the other members to make them?
                    2. What will be the total cost to make a such dish?
                    3. If any member is willing to spend the money are you willing to make it for them?

Regards,
                    Of course it is really possible making a dish for receiving these satellites,but the cost will be high,that,s the reason why I don,t recommend people making a new dish.If somebody really thinks of spending to get these satellites,at least two hundred thousand will cost only for the reflector,sometimes it could be more depending on material cost.People tried for getting these satellites many years,but no one was succeeded except me,and I did it with my own dish,some people do it with v sat dishes,which is not a big thing.There are many dish manufactures in sri lanka,and I am not going to help them by giving my techniques in public.

Comment

Great that such remote territories have such quality of transmissions!

Comment

Working...
                      X